- Alternative Dispute Resolution/Mediation
- Commercial and Business Litigation
- Employment - Executive Management
- Public Finance
- Tort & Insurance Defense
- State Bar of Texas
- US District Courts for the Northern, Eastern, Southern and Western Districts of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. Supreme Court
- AAA Commercial Law Mediation Panel
J.D., Howard University, District of Columbia
B.A., Hampton University, Virginia
H. RON WHITE
H. Ron White is a Partner in the Dallas office. Mr. White's primary areas of practice include litigation and business transactions. He has more than 30 years of experience as a litigator and is a respected mediator in the Dallas legal community.
Based upon a high degree of professional achievement and peer recognition, Mr. White is AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell and was named a Texas Super Lawyer in 2005 and again in 2010 – 2015. In October 2004 Mr. White was named Trial Lawyer of the Year by the Dallas Bar an in 2006 received the Dallas Bar Foundation Fellows Award for Outstanding Service to the Bar and Civic Community. White has been recently recognized as one of 50 “Lions of the Texas Bar” in the February 2016 edition of The Texas Lawbook.
Though his experience is extensive, his principal areas of practice are commercial litigation, including suits that involve business and contract disputes, environmental, personal injury, premises liability, employment, and construction matters. Mr. White has served as lead counsel in complex environmental and automobile products liability litigation matters on behalf of Fortune 500 corporations as well as governmental and quasi-governmental entities. He has also served as underwriter's counsel on multiple public finance transactions.
Mr. White is a former District Court Judge, a long-standing member of the Texas Bar College, a Life Fellow in the Texas Bar Foundation, Life Member of the National Bar Association and founding member of the Texas General Counsel Forum.
- Represented an International Airport Board as Lead Counsel in a qui tam environmental law matter that was in excess of $300 Million.
- Represented an International Airport in contract matters related to tenant concessions.
- Represented a major airline in premise liability, breach of contract, and employment matters.
- Represented an auto manufacturer in ignition switch product liability cases in Texas.
- Represented a major public utility company in premises liability matters and damage claims against contractors.
- Represented numerous nonprofit and religious institutions regarding business and governance matters.
- Serves as a court appointed mediator since 1989 in more than 1,000 mediations and successfully resolved approximately 98% of cases mediated.
- Served on a regional transportation authority Human Resource Review Panel.
- Served as Co-Counsel in Disparity Study for regional North Texas public entity.
- Conducts executive and senior management investigations of discrimination and sexual harassment complaints.
- Manages the litigation and prosecution of property damage claims on behalf of a regional utility company.
- Represented a major school district as Eminent Domain Counsel in acquiring major parcels for the development of Magnet Schools.
- Represented the Dallas Alliance (Tri Ethnic Leadership Association) in a friend of the Court brief before the U.S. Supreme Court in the Dallas school desegregation case.
- Served as Texas In-house environmental & HR counsel for a major oil company.
- Clerked for the General Counsel of the Federal Power Commission (FERC).
- Co-Founder and Board Member, The General Counsel Forum - Dallas-Ft. Worth Chapter
- Board Member, Urban League of Greater Dallas and North Texas
- Southern Methodist University School of Law (Former Executive Board Member)
- Boulé Foundation (Former Board Member)
- United Way of Metropolitan Dallas (Former Board Member)
- African American Pastors' Coalition (Former Member)
- North Texas Commission (Former Board Member)
- Dallas Black Chamber of Commerce (Former Chair and Board Member)
- Dallas Chamber of Commerce (Former Board Member)
- Dallas Alliance (Former Board Member)
- Dallas Fort Worth Minority Supplier Development Council (Former Board Member)
- National Minority Supplier Development Council (Former Board Member)
- Tri Ethnic Committee (Former Board Member)
- Goals for Dallas (Former Board Member)
- Goals for Black Dallas (Former Board Member)
- Methodist Hospital Of Dallas (Former Board Member)
- Kaiser Permanente (Former Board Member)
- Texas State Bar Grievance Committee (Former Board Member)
- World Affairs Council of Dallas Fort Worth (Former Board Member)
- North Texas Public Broadcasting Corporation (Former Director)
- Central Business District Association (Former Director)
- MESBIC Financial Corporation of Dallas (Former Director)
- Harvard University Graduate School of Education on School Desegregation (Former Field Consultant, 1977-1979)
- Interpreting Business and Economic Education, U.S. Chamber of Commerce (Former Board of Advisors)
- Dallas United Way, Budget Committee (Former Director)
- Highland Park Methodist Church, Race Relations (Former Task Force Member)
- Dallas Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- National Bar Association
- J.L. Turner Legal Association